18.12.08

Riding in the dark

Horses see about seven times better in the dark than people.
I didn't have time to ride all day long, but could squeeze in a little ride in the evening. We were out of beet pulp, so I had to go out to the barn anyway. I also bought oats that Brownie is getting after our endurance training rides now.

Just went straight down James Road to I-95, rode around the lake and went back the same way, avoiding all the jungle where it's even darker. Brownie ran good and fast. It seemed like the time of the day, the cooler weather and the route was really good for him. We loped back beneath the canal, totaling 3.82 miles in 36:41.

After the ride I talked with Gwen for a while who is going to help at an endurance ride her horses brother is competing in on Saturday in Ocala.

Keine Kommentare: