14.12.08

Girls' Ride

I did so much endurance training all week, but today was all about recreation. For me though, not really that much for Brownie as it turned out to be the longest (timewise) ride of the week.
When I got to the barn in the late afternoon Stephanie was sitting in her kitchen with the door open and I asked her if she wanted to go for a ride.
So she saddled Roy who had tried to buck her of earlier this week and probably needed to get out. Brownie had a "not-again"-look on his face, but was happy about the company. Me too. Joey, Stephanie's older dog, came with us too, but little Jack had to stay at home. The horses were slow at first, but we were chatting so much that it wasn't really that bad. Stephanie told me about the plan for a weekend in February: We're going to ride 20 miles to Tosohatchee, camp out there with the horses and ride back the next day. I'm all about that plan and we started to talk about gear, how we'd get there, etc. I did those kinds of trips a lot in Germany and have always been waiting for another opportunity to do it again. It sounds like a lot of fun!
Short before the turn-around point the horses started to speed up and we let them run in a straight line for a bit before turning into the jungle.
It was already getting dark when we got back to the barn, but we had a good time and a very nice ride. Brownie was happy that it was feeding time.
I think I'll get him some oats that I can feed him after our endurance training rides. I want him to go a little faster on the way out from the barn. His very slow jog is killing me sometimes.

Keine Kommentare: