16.12.08

Endurance Training Week 2, Tuesday

Monday is a rest day for Brownie, but on Tuesday I was back at the barn for a quick early morning ride. The temperatures were just right, it just got a little warm in the end but that might have also been because I was wearing a light coat over my long-sleeved shirt (gotta love the winter in Florida!).
Brownie and Endre were eating when I got there, so I gave them a little more time with their hay by taking a wheel barrow full of horse apples out of Brownie's pen. I had let that slack for a bit. It really needed to be done.

Brownie was saddled and ready to go - with Endre being locked up in her pen - at 7:45. I walked him to the road, climbed atop and started jogging. At first I stopped at most of the concrete driveways as usual, especially because I still didn't put any easy boots on his feet, but had a little faster start than last week.
When I finally got to the trails and could have him trot without stopping Brownie seemed to be running steadier. Faster in the beginning, not speeding up that much in the end. Maybe he's getting an idea of how an endurance horse is supposed to move?

After twenty minutes and 2.52 miles of continuous jogging on the trails, through the jungle and back down James Road - on the way back Brownie now always jogs over the crossing driveways - we got back to the dirt road that leads to our barn. I dismounted the horse and walked back.
Brownie wasn't really sweating that much when I took off the saddle. While he had his post-training grain I finished cleaning his pen.

Tuesdays are just perfect for morning rides for me. I had to be at the zoo at ten, but got home even before nine, so there was plenty of time to get ready. What a nice way to start a day!

3.84 miles in 41:49

Keine Kommentare: