26.4.08

Working Cow Horse with Jack Henning


Stephanie had to pick up Pattie from Sarasota today so she invited me to come along for a lesson with Jack Henning, a famous Appaloosa trainer.
We had to work on really basic things like stopping and Brownie moving off my leg without starting to kick and buck.




Jack's explanations and instructions were very helpful and Brownie did very good once he figured out that bucking didn't really get him anywhere.
I'll have to work a lot on that, but now I at least know how to.




Stephanie rode one of Jack's horses, the older mare Freckles, and Baleigh, who was going with us, too, rode Bita, but both of them were mostly watching, so I had a very valuable private lesson. Jack himself was riding Ruby, Stephanie's young horse that is staying at Jack's for training for a while.

1 Kommentar:

david santos hat gesagt…

Really beautiful Post.
Thank you