27.10.08

High Energy Cow

It’s finally cooling off and I haven’t been riding very much lately, so Brownie has way too much energy and is really annoying Stephanie by chasing, biting and kicking the other horses, running out of the gate and being a pain in general.

So I went on a long trail ride this afternoon and vow to ride him more. I want to do it at least every other day when I’m in town. Best would be to do one longer ride 1 1/2 to 2 hours a week. Only problem is that I run so much that I’m tired a lot, but I should just count riding as active recovery. Today I went out on the power-line trail. Parts of it are still under water. I had to pull my feet out of the stirrups if I didn’t want them wet. They did get wet anyway, of course, because Brownie was splashing so much. On the way back I was tired of slowing down to a walk for all the puddles and pools and just went back to the barn on the road.

Keine Kommentare: